Wednesday, July 31, 2013

The Closer I Get, The Further I Have To Go

A few weeks ago, the day after the big GTA flood & resulting blackouts, Daisy and I had our first ever pro photoshoot with the amazing Sandra Stephenson.


I wanted a few Clark Kent-style photos with The MediaHaus logo shirt for the website, and Sandra wanted a shoot that showed a different, girlier side of me - a dress, heels, a 60's housewife vintage feel, and Daisy dragging me around Roncesvalles.


Here are some of the photos:


Who was on the other end of that call? I'm not telling. (But it might have been Egon Spengler.)



Daisy did surprisingly well, stopping & sitting for the camera.

Usually she refuses to stay still while pictures are being taken.


After these shots, I headed home to drop off the dog and do an outfit change.

My power had gone out and my apartment was a sauna. The humidity that day was crazy, my hair frizzed out, my makeup melted, my clothes stuck to me. And somehow Sandra managed to downplay all of that when she took the photos.


I call this my "Realtor Pose".

Except maybe it's just "Business Owner Pose", but that doesn't have nearly the same ring to it.


I kept feeling like I was flashing passersby.

But hey, Clark Kent had to show the S, right?


Back in my apartment, Sandra told me to throw on some comfortable clothes, grab my guitar, and head out on the balcony for some relaxed shots.

So I did, gladly.


The most photogenic by far was Daisy.

This chick did so well. Sandra's not only awesome at making people feel comfortable in front of the camera, but apparently dogs too. I love this photo.


Speaking of talent, recently Sandra was chosen as one of  Photolife Magazine's Top Emerging Photographers - pick up the August/September issue to see her winning photo, and learn more about her.

Visit the Sandra Stephenson Photography website and Facebook page for info and more of her fantastic pictures.

4 comments:

Danger Owl said...

Ms. RAMBLER.

your photos turned out fantastic, great job all around.

Kris Goetz said...

Why thank you, sir.

Tristan Cuschieri said...

Nice shoot. You both look great!

Kris Goetz said...

Thanks dude!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...