Thursday, October 3, 2013

Consider Your Position, Framed To Be Consumed

People often talk about their "Bucket Lists" - that all-important list of the things you want to do before you die. I'm sure we all have some ideas of what we'd fill that list with, though I wonder how many of us actually cross any those things off.

Will you jump off the Brooklyn Bridge before you take your dirt nap? Likely not.

Homer knows.
Instead of a Bucket List, what I have is more of a to-do list of things that I want to conquer in the short-term. Not that I need to do them before I die, just that I need to do them whenever I can. More for personal growth than anything else. Fairly attainable things. They're Life Lists.

Take this for example - I posted one such list on the ol' blog in early 2011, right after I moved back to Toronto. The things I wanted to do were: learn how to skate (didn't do it); how to play my guitar (did it, & am doing it); how to cook better (done & done. I now know what a vegetable is!); how to run in public (partially done... still awkward. But that's just me. Awkward.).

Das lessons. Crossed off the list.
You get the idea. These aren't huge life-altering things. It's just a to-list of awesome junk I'd be real keen on doing.

My current Life List looks something like this:

Take a beginner rock climbing class: I've been scared of heights forever, and I think this will help push me out of my comfort zone a bit. Was supposed to do this in the summer, but other things got in the way. Soon. If you wanna join me, let me know. There may be screaming.

Find a guitarist: I've been working on a bit of a music project for the past few months (with the help of a couple of awesome friends), and we need a fitting guitar-man to be a part of it. Somehow this has been extremely difficult, but I'm determined to find the right one. Where are ya, dude?

Grow my business: A no-brainer, obviously. The more The MediaHaus evolves, the closer it is to where I want it to be. So many goals, so little time.

Chill the hell out and be more friggin' awesome: Some days, because of roadblocks, I feel as though I'm less awesome than I can be. Maybe less awesome than I used to be. So please, join me on my journey of awesomeness. Not unlike She-Ra, I have the power. (complete with sword and badass metal breastplate.)

My spirit animal.

Take over the whole damn world: This one is more long-term. I currently can't divulge my process. Forget I mentioned it. Nothing to see here.

What's on your current Life List? Sharing is caring.

3 comments:

Mike D. said...

Long time no message. I like your list, mine would be fairly boring. When will you try climbing?

Kris Goetz said...

Soon, hopefully. Very soon. Do you climb?

Anonymous said...

Fine way of explaining, and fastidious article to obtain information about mmy pressentation focus, which i am going to deliver in school.



Stop by my web-site; Techngames

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...